The Government of Germany, in partnership with DAAD is providing foreign applicants from the field of Fine Art, Design, Film, Music and Architecture as well as Drama, Direction, Dance and Choreography with an opportunity to complete a course of extension studies, without gaining a formal degree of qualification, at a German state (public) or state-recognized institution of higher education.
The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2022
Offered Annually? Yes
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Type: Short courses/Training, Masters
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
Duration of Program:
- Masters/Postgraduate study programmes: Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme or project
- Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification: One academic year
- You must have gained a first university degree in the field of the Performing Arts at the latest by the time you commence your scholarship-supported study programme.
- You must be a citizen of a developing country.
Application Process: The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.