The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme is currently providing an exciting scholarship in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2022 at 18.00 WAT.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Value of Award: The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence. The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant. A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
Scholarships will be awarded on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions. Applicants are encouraged to consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in your decision making when selecting your most preferred scholarship category.
Number of Award: Not Mentioned
- Applicants must be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)
- Applicants must have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Applicants must have work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage
- Applicants must hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Applicants can either be working or non-working students. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Applicants must be committed to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Applicants must be committed to start internships within the course of study.
Application Process: Apply Here