Information Technology Officer at Family Health International (FHI 360)
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Requisition ID: 2022202211
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: AD Enterprise Services
- The IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, servers, network connectivity and remote access.
- Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. He or She works with the US ISS (Information Solutions and Service) (Information Solutions and Services) Operations team and US ISS Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
- Provides support for computer hardware, software, printers, applications, operating systems, servers, and network devices.
- Ensures the weekly update of the SentinelOne Anti-virus of servers and clients.
- Performs regular backups of servers, user files, and network shared files.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Maintains the office IT system and upgrades when required or as instructed by HQ.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers/vendors where appropriate and ensures that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Supports organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents.
- Demonstrates complete ownership of all incidents or service requests.
- Responsible for tracking and progress of all incidents to conclusion
- Identifies and promotes technical and operational “best practices.”
- Trains staff in newly deployed technologies
- Reviews and enforces FHI 360’s policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage. Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate understanding of Information Technology industry practices. Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Windows 10/11, Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public. A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Telecommunications: PABX, VoIP (voice over IP), voice mail, and peripheral devices Server: Windows Server, DFS, WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). Network: Cisco routers/switches, Meraki, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
Application Closing Date
Do you find Mp3zion useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!