Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 2022/2023 academic session of programmes that are jointly run by The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) and the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Okerenkoko Delta State:
a) Maritime Security and Safety (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.);
b) Maritime Dispute Management and Resolution (Certificate Course);
c) Maritime Risks Analysis and Disaster Management (Certificate Course, PGD);
d) Maritime Entrepreneurship (Certificate Course);
e) Maritime Transport Technology (Certificate Course, PGD/M.Sc., Ph.D.);
f) Transportation Management (PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.);
g) Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.)
h) Shipping and Maritime Operations (Certificate course, PGD, M.Sc., Ph.D.)
i) Safety Management System (Certificate Course).
Study centres include the NDA Kaduna, NMU Delta State, and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja; with an optional study mode of Full-time, Part-time, Online as well as a hybrid of these.
Post Graduate Certificate (PG Certificate) – 8 Months
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – 16 Months
MA/MSC – 24 Months
PhD – 48 Months
With academic activities which will commence in November 2022, all programmes run devoid of industrial actions such as ASUU STRIKE, just as some programmes will entail excursions/practical classes that will hold at the NDA, NMU, the Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron, and the Regional Maritime University Ghana.
1) To qualify for any of the advertised certificate courses, candidates must have five (5) credit passes at the O/Level or its equivalent. Cognate work experience with relevant professional
2. Certificates may be accepted;To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes may accept at least a pass in Mathematics;
3) For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of Third Class (Honours) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a university recognised by the Senate of the NDA/NMU OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. Equivalent and relevant professional certificates may also be accepted with continuous more than two (2) years’ work experience;
4) For Master’s degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in relevant fields of study from a recognized University in or from outside Nigeria. However, holders of lower classifications OR a Postgraduate
Diploma in related fields of study from a recognised University may be accepted. An equivalent of relevant professional certificates and a more than four (4) years continuous work experience is an advantage and may be accepted;
5) For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes, candidates must possess a master’s
degree in relevant fields of study from a university with a minimum score average of not
less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 5-point scale.
Those with lower CGPA with continues work experience and professional certificates may be accepted;
a) All applications are done online, together with the submission of scanned copies of credentials;
b) All certificates shall be uploaded at the point of filling the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate, Exemption Certificate, Military Service Record,Paramilitary Service Record (as applicable) should be presented;
c) To apply for a programme, carefully read through all instructions.
d) Click on the Apply button on the school website: www.nmu.edu.ng
e) Fill in the remaining details on the page before submitting.
f) Electronic payment of N21,000.00 (twenty-one thousand naira) only being a mandatory application fee for all programmes.
Successful applicants will be contacted via electronic mail.
For enquiries, please reach Mercy on 09080877733, 08035443720 or email@example.com