Step by Step Guide On How to Renew Your Driver’s License Online FASTER in Nigeria
In Nigeria, it is not recommended to drive with an expired license. The Driver’s License is a type of identification that assures the Federal Road Safety Corps that you have been licensed to drive. Most licenses have a validity of up to three or five years.
With the introduction of online platforms, people can now renew their licenses online via FRSC’s Driver’s License Website https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
This process is not entirely online-based. In order to complete the process, you’ll need to go to the nearest office to pick up and sign some necessary documents.
Another important step is to ensure that your Driver’s License’s expiry date is within thirty days. Otherwise, you won’t be able to complete the process.
How To Renew your Driver’s License Online in Nigeria
Follow the steps below to do this.
- Visit the FRSC’s Driver’s License Website – https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
- At the top-left corner of the screen, hover around “DL Application” and select Renewal of Driver’s License.
- At this point, fill in your Driver’s License number and your date of birth. Then type in the code you see to confirm you’re not a robot. Please note that if your Driver’s License is valid for more than 30 days, you won’t be able to proceed from this point.
- Select what your preferred renewal option is in the next stage. There are 2 renewal options available – 3 years (₦6,350) and 5 years (₦10,450). Scroll down to ensure your biodata, processing office, and other information are correct.
- Click Submit.
- Make Payment via any of the available channels.
- After payment, you’ll see a Driver’s License Application Acknowledgment Slip. Copy your Application ID from this slip and download the slip.
- Proceed to your physical processing office with a copy of the Driver’s License Application Acknowledgment Slip, payment confirmation slip, current driver’s license, and 2 passport photographs
A driver’s license is compulsory for every driver to have in Nigeria to avoid issues with the police or any FRSC official. Therefore, if you are applying for the first time or renewing, follow these steps listed above to get your driver’s license.
Do you find Mp3zion useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!